Now accepting credit card payments!
The Third Army Association is for anyone who ever served in the Third Army or US Army Central or has ever served in any of the uniformed services and was honorably discharged.
There are five categories of membership:
- Life members: reserved for Past Presidents and Executives Directors of the Association, all Third Army recipients of the Medal of Honor, all Third Army/USARCENT Noncommissioned Officers-of-the-Year and all Third Army/USARCENT Soldiers-of-the-Year.
- Regular Members: An annual membership for any officer, enlisted person, or veteran, who has been assigned or attached to, and honorably served with, the Third Army/USARCENT. ($15 for Active Duty currently assigned to USARCENT, $25 for all others)
- Patton's Members: A lifetime membership for any officer, enlisted person, or veteran, who has been assigned or attached to, and honorably served with, the Third Army/USARCENT. ($75 for Active Duty currently assigned to USARCENT, ($250 for 49 years and younger, $150 for 50 years and older)
- Associate Members: An annual membership for anyone who has ever served in any of the uniformed services and was honourably discharged. ($25)
- Honorary Members: Any person, whose life and activities has fostered the Third Army ideals on a national scale, may be elected an Honorary Member of the Association by majority vote of the Board of Directors.
To become a new member you must provide proof of Honorable service or proof you served with the Third Army/USARCENT (as applicable). The following documents can be used:
- DD Form 214- Must be a copy that states Honorable character of service (on DD Form 214, dated August 2009, you must provide the member 4 copy that specifies character of service in line 24).
- Honorable Discharge Certificate or Retirement Certificate with final discharge or retirement date (for proof of Honorable discharge).
- Orders that Assign/Attach you to the Third Army/USARCENT, awards presented while assigned to the Third Army/USARCENT or any official document showing you were assigned/attached to the Third Army/USARCENT. Any other documents will be considered.
- Proof of Assignment/Attachment to the Third Army/USARCENT must be provided to be classified as a Regular Member. If no proof of Assignment/Attachment is provided you will be registered as an Associate Member.
As you can see, in many cases the DD Form 214 is the only document needed for proof of membership eligibility. Please address all membership questions to the Executive Director at email@example.com.
Supporting documentation and membership dues should be mailed to P.O. Box 52334, 510 Nelson Ave., Shaw AFB, SC 29152.